Volkswagen Touareg Maintenance Schedule
The Volkswagen Touareg is a high-quality SUV that needs to be well taken care of to stay on the roads of Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach for as long as possible.
To ensure a long life, our team at Norm Reeves Volkswagen Irvine is providing you with a guide to help you determine when your Touareg needs maintenance done on it. Read through our Volkswagen Touareg maintenance schedule, then contact us if any service is needed on your vehicle.
The 10,000-mile mark is usually when many of the preliminary checks are done. At this point, you’ll get the following work done on your Touareg:
- Replace engine oil and filter .
- Inspect brake system.
- Rotate tires.
- Check windshield washers, headlight cleaning system, and wiper blades for damage and function; check fluid level and add, if necessary.
- Inspect tires/spare tire.
- Inspect automatic shift lock.
- Inspect airbag system (every 12 months).
After 20,000 miles, your vehicle will have the above-mentioned work performed, plus a few additional items, like:
- Road-test vehicle.
- Replace brake fluid (every 24 months).
- Open sunroof and check front water drains and clean, if necessary (if applicable).
- Inspect on-board diagnostics.
- Inspect headlights.
- Inspect front axle.
- Reset service interval display (if applicable).
At the 40,000-mile mark, you’ll get all the checks done after 10,000 and 20,000 miles. You’ll also get the following items inspected or replaced:
- Inspect underbody contact points and linkage.
- Inspect power steering fluid.
- Inspect final drive oil.
- Check CV joints for leaks and damage.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Replace direct shift transmission fluid and filter.
- Replace cabin air filter.
60,000 Miles & 120,000 Miles
After 60,000 miles, you’ll following the 10,000-mile and 20,000-mile checks. The only new item you’ll need to have done on your 2017 Volkswagen Touareg is to clean the air cleaner/element.
If you’ve reached the 120,000-mile mark, then you’ve done an excellent job at keeping up with the necessary maintenance on your VW Touareg. At this milestone, you’ll need to follow the 10,000- and 20,000-mile inspections, plus add these items to the list:
- Inspect exhaust system.
- Inspect engine.
- Inspect driveshaft boots.
- Inspect cooling system.
- Inspect automatic/manual transaxle fluid.
- Check front and rear lights, luggage compartment lighting, turn signals, and hazard warning lights.
- Check battery.
- Check for excessive play of tie rod ends, and check boots.
- Check condition of ribbed V-belt (if applicable).
Schedule Service for Your 2017 VW Touareg Today!
The 2017 VW Touareg is a reliable vehicle that, with regular maintenance, can last for many years and miles. To ensure a long life, take your Volkswagen SUV to our service experts at Norm Reeves Volkswagen, near Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach.
Our certified technicians work in a state-of-the-art service center and use only genuine parts to get your Volkswagen Touareg running like new. Schedule your service appointment today!
If your vehicle is due for service soon, call us or schedule an appointment online, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible to confirm a convenient date and time.