Volkswagen Tiguan Maintenance Schedule
This Volkswagen Tiguan maintenance schedule is intended to help our customer in the Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach area learn more about the regularly scheduled maintenance for their vehicles. You can receive any service or maintenance at the Norm Reeves Volkswagen in Irvine. If you’re unsure if your Volkswagen Tiguan is due for service, schedule a service appointment.
Maintenance at 10,000 Miles
By now, your Volkswagen Tiguan is ready for its first big service interval.
- You’ll need to check the thickness of the front and rear brake pads as well as the condition of the brake discs.
- Also, change both the engine oil and the engine oil filter to ensure that your engine receives proper lubrication.
- Your Volkswagen technician will also inspect the windshield washers, headlight cleaning system, and wiper blades for damage and operation. They will also add any fluid if needed.
The 20,000-Mile Service Interval
As you continue to follow the Volkswagen Tiguan maintenance schedule, you’ll find that different service is required at different intervals.
- At 20,000 miles, you’ll need to check the tire mobility kit if you have one. Make sure the tire filler has not expired.
- You should also check the battery and perform an inspection of the brakes. This should include the shock absorber, brake pads, brake discs, and brake fluid. You’ll also need to check the tread depth and the condition of the tires.
- Like you did at the 10,000-mile mark, go ahead and replace the oil and oil filter and check the windshield washer system in addition to the headlight cleaning system.
Maintenance at 30,000 Miles
- At this maintenance interval, it’s recommended that you change the brake fluid. This should be done within the first three years and then every two years after that. It will also be time to check the thickness of the brake pads again and the brake discs.
- As with every service interval, you should replace the engine oil and the engine oil filter, before checking the wiper blades, windshield washer fluid, and the headlight cleaning system.
Find Your Volkswagen Tiguan Maintenance Schedule
In this brief maintenance overview for the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan, we took a look at the first 30,000 miles of routine maintenance for your vehicle. To find required service for higher mileage points (especially the 40,000-mile mark) try using our free online maintenance schedule. If you have any questions you can always contact one of our Volkswagen technician representatives at our service department.
At the Norm Reeves Volkswagen in Irvine, we proudly serve the communities of Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach with reliable Volkswagen service. If you think your Volkswagen Tiguan is in need of service, schedule an appointment today. We’ll make sure that your vehicle is completely up to date on any required maintenance.