VW Atlas Dashboard Light Guide
When you’re cruising the picturesque streets of the Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach areas in an SUV like the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas, nothing is better. However, when a dashboard light pops on, it can very quickly turn your scenic drive into a harrowing experience, especially if you have no idea what the light means. Luckily, our team of experts at Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore Irvine is here to demonstrate the various indicator and warning lights that can appear in your VW Atlas while you’re out on the road.
This is your 2018 VW Atlas dashboard light guide.
What to Know About Your VW Dashboard Lights
There are several lights located on your Volkswagen’s dashboard that’ll light up when the vehicle experiences some type of issue or malfunction. While there are plenty of lights to learn, a simple way of telling the severity of the problem is by the color. Red generally means that it’s a serious problem and that you should pull over to safety as soon as possible. Yellow means that there’s an issue that you should be aware of and that you should exercise caution until you’re finished driving.
VW Atlas Warning Lights
Understanding what your dashboard lights are telling you are important. You don’t have to be a certified VW technician to know that the blinking red light doesn’t mean good news, but knowing that you should stop the vehicle as quickly as possible is important. Here are some of the common warning lights that can appear on your 2018 VW Atlas dashboard:
- Charging System Failure: This dashboard warning light typically means that there’s a problem with your vehicle’s charging system or battery. It’s recommended that you turn off all unnecessary electronics to get the most out of your remaining battery life and pull your vehicle over to safety to contact your Volkswagen dealer.
- High Coolant Temperature: When your engine is running too hot, this light will appear and flash if the problem is serious. Either your vehicle is low on coolant, or your engine is simply generating excessive heat during performance. You should stop the vehicle as soon as possible to prevent further damage and see you VW dealer for service.
- Oil Pressure Warning: You should immediately pull over to safety if this light appears. This light indicates that your vehicle has low oil pressure and continuing to drive and ignoring the warning could lead to irreversible damage.
- Parking Brake/ABS Malfunction/Low Brake Fluid: This light simply means that there’s something wrong your brakes or one of their components. Because brakes are crucial to getting your vehicle to stop, especially in an emergency situation, you shouldn’t take any risks and stop the vehicle and contact your VW dealer immediately.
- Brake Pad Wear Indicator: This yellow light comes on when it senses that your brake pads may be a little worn and that you should seek out a replacement in the near future.
- Tire Pressure Low: The sensors inside your tires can detect when there’s a drop in air pressure with your tires. Be sure to swing by a gas station to bring your tire pressure up to its appropriate level.
Schedule Volkswagen Service
When you see any of these lights in our 2018 Volkswagen Atlas dashboard light guide appear in your vehicle, you should remain calm and determine the severity of the issue based on the color of the light. If the light is flashing red, you should be sure to pull over to a safe location and give us a call at Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore Irvine for service.
Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore Irvine is always here to help drivers in Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach with any automotive issue that occurs while they’re out on the road.