2016 Volkswagen Touareg Technology Review
When shopping for a new vehicle, there’s plenty to consider, especially when it comes to technology. In this review, we take a closer look at the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg technology features to help drivers like you from the Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach learn more about this versatile automobile.
This free resource has been provided by the team at Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore in Irvine.
Volkswagen Touareg Technology: Inside the Cabin
Get into the 2016 Touareg and you can immediately tell that this Volkswagen is different. With available leather seating surfaces and active ventilation for the front seats, comfort was clearly at the forefront of the designers’ minds. But what about interior technology?
Helping to increase the level of comfort experience in the 2016 VW Touareg is dual-zone automatic climate control. This helpful feature allows you and your front seat passenger to select individual temperature settings, so both of you can travel in complete comfort.
You’ll also find eight-way power-adjustable front row seats. This level of customization allows you to locate the optimal seating position, which can make longer trips more enjoyable.
But the interior technology features don’t end there. The Volkswagen Touareg also makes available a 6.5-inch color touchscreen display, an 8-inch navigation system, an overhead view camera, and several driver assistance systems.
Driver Assistance Technology
The suite of available driver assistance features in the Volkswagen Touareg helps drivers to stay safe when out on the road. Together, these five systems can help to reduce the risk of several types of collisions. Read below to learn more about each driver assistance feature.
- Front Assist: This includes a forward collision warning system that can help alert the driver to a potential frontal crash. Using sensors located at the front of the VW Touareg, Front Assist can even implement autonomous emergency braking to help slow the vehicle and bring it to a stop.
- Side Assist: Also known as the lane change assistance, this feature alerts you to other vehicles that are riding in your blind spot so you can change lanes more safely.
- Lane Assist: With Lane Assist, you’ll enjoy lane departure warning when you begin to drift out of your lane without signaling. Properly equipped models can even provide steering torque to help keep your Volkswagen in the proper lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: When your Volkswagen Touareg is equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control, you get to select the desired cruising speed and following distance from the car ahead of you. Should traffic begin to slow, the VW Touareg will automatically adjust its speed to maintain a safe distance.
- Park Pilot: This technology feature makes is easy to parallel park thanks to sensors located in the front and rear of the vehicle. Using gentle alerts, you can gauge how close you are to nearby objects, helping you to avoid accidental scratches on your bumper.
Discover More VW Touareg Technology
As you can see, there’s a lot of technology going into the 2016 Volkswagen Touareg. To learn more, schedule a test drive at Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore in Irvine. We proudly help drivers from across the Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport Beach area find the vehicles they need. Schedule your appointment today.