Top 10 Family-Friendly Summer Activities in Aliso Viejo, CA
Aliso Viejo is a wonderful vacation spot that offers a variety of entertainment and activity options for the whole family. No matter what kind of fun you seek, the following list of 10 family-friendly activities in Aliso Viejo should have something for everyone.
• Catch a movie at the Edwards Aliso Viejo 20: If your family is looking forward to a new movie, why not check out the premiere at the city’s best movie theatre? This well-kept theatre at 26701 Aliso Creek Road offers plush seating and IMAX screenings of all the new releases available.
• Movie nights, free concerts, and more at Grand Park: Grand Park, 6101 City Lights Drive, is a fine place for virtually free entertainment. Enjoy movie nights on Friday, July 10, July 24, August 7, and August 21. Grand Park also hosts free summer concerts on Sundays from July 12 until August 20.
• Grab some dinner at Thai Bite: Thai Bite at 26921 Aliso Creek Road offers excellent Thai cuisine in a comfortable, family-friendly setting. Their extensive beer list makes it easy to find something to match the spiciness of your entrée, and the veteran staff is friendly and professional.
• Enjoy some of California’s best Italian cuisine at Peppino’s Pizzeria: Since opening in 1984, Peppino’s has expanded to three other locations, including this fine pizzeria at 26952 La Paz Road. Let the Moscatiello family treat you to some of Orange County’s best pizza and Italian cuisine, and be sure to enjoy your meal on the patio so the family can appreciate the lovely weather as well.
• Treat the kids to hours of fun at Scooter’s Jungle: Scooter’s Jungle, located at 25 Journey in Aliso Viejo, is a great place to let the kids burn some energy while parents relax and rest their feet. Let the children enjoy the slides, bouncy castles, and other fun attractions while you take a deep breath and prepare for your next step.
• Catch the interactive summer activities at Aliso Viejo Library: This summer, the Aliso Viejo Library at 1 Journey will host a variety of special programs and activities for the whole family. Activities range from interactive stories to puppet shows to skits, and these activities are planned through July and August.
• Enjoy ice skating and more at the Ice Palace: If you’ve had your fair share of the summer heat, try visiting the Ice Palace at 9 Journey in Aliso Viejo. This skating center regularly offers public skating sessions, and families can even team up or face off in some classic broom hockey action.
• Go for a dip at the Aliso Viejo Aquatic Center: If the weather gets a little too warm for your liking while you’re in Aliso Viejo, be sure to check out the aquatic center at 29 Santa Barbara Drive. Enjoy the pool or a fun, low-impact workout with the Aqua Zumba classes that take place Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
• Relax on Aliso Beach: If you’re in California, you have to visit the beach at least once, right? Just southwest of Aliso Viejo, you can find Aliso Beach, a beautiful and well-maintained stretch of coastal Californian bliss. Visitors to this beach rave about its cleanliness and the remarkable ocean view at sunset.
• Enjoy nature at Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park: This designated wildlife sanctuary, located at 28373 Alicia Parkway, is home to many endangered species of plants and animals. Explore the numerous hiking paths or even the old Dripping Cave, which was originally used for shelter by indigenous Native American hunter-gatherers.
Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore wishes you and your family a fun, safe summer. If buying or leasing a car is on your list of things to do this summer, visit us today at the dealership in Irvine, CA, to check out our latest 2015 Volkswagen models. Schedule your test drive today!