Having the full function of your brakes is important every time you set out on the road in Irvine or beyond. Considering that your brakes are crucial for slowing and stopping your vehicle, venturing out on the roads when there’s an issue could be dangerous, so you’ll want to have them inspected regularly to know that they’re in good condition.
If you need brake repair in Irvine, you don’t have to travel far! At Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore Irvine, we can help you!
Signs That You Need Brake Repair
Diagnosing an issue that involves brake repair can be difficult. However, there are a few signs to look out for that will let you know that there’s a problem that requires professional service and attention. Luckily, these signs are easy to notice, so if you spot one, you may want to contact your dealership for service.
- Brake Light Appears- This light could indicate that either your parking brake is still engaged or there’s a malfunction detected with your braking system.
- Grinding/Squeaking Noises While Braking- Your brake pads feature a metal tab or wear indicator that emits this shrill noise when it’s worn down considerably and requires a change.
- Wobbly/Vibrating Steering Wheel- This sign could indicate worn brake rotors.
- Spongey Brake Pedal- If the pedal feels squishy, it could mean that you have air trapped in the lines and you’ll need to have your brakes bled to ensure that the fluid is getting through.
- Car Pulls to One Side- This is a sign that your brakes could be wearing down unevenly.
- Leaking Fluid- When your vehicle is leaking brake fluid, it could not only affect the brakes’ function, but it also means that air could get trapped in the lines.
Knowing Your Braking System
You know what your brakes do, but do you know how they work? There are actually numerous components that all work together to help you brake to slow down or stop your vehicle. When you press the brake pedal, it forces fluid through the brake lines, which then forces a piston into the master cylinder. This action initiates the brake calipers to force the pads against the rotors, which causes your wheel to slow its spin. If one of these components has experienced considerable wear or damage, it could affect the overall functionality of your brakes.
Scheduling Your Brake Repair & Service in Irvine CA
If you’ve noticed any of the signs listed above, or your brakes aren’t acting like they used to, it may be time to schedule service and repairs. At Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore Irvine, we’re here to help you with your brake service. Our technicians will carefully inspect the system and components so they can properly diagnose the issue and provide a long-lasting solution–so you can drive confidently without having to worry whether or not your vehicle will slow down or stop.
Schedule your brake repairs and service with us at Norm Reeves Volkswagen Superstore Irvine! We’re here to help Irvine drivers with their automotive needs so they can keep their vehicles out on the road performing at their best!